SchoolChoice Round 2 is Open
Round 2 of the DPS SchoolChoice process for the 2020-21 school year is now open. Apply here.
Round 2 begins every year after families are notified of their Round 1 school placement, and ends in late August. Round 2 is the first-come, first-served segment of SchoolChoice for families who missed Round 1; took part in Round 1 but want to re-explore their options; or are new to DPS for next school year. Round 2 applications are available following Round 1 notifications by accessing your SchoolChoice account. Read below for more information.
Who should submit a Round 2 SchoolChoice application?
- Families who did not take part in Round 1 and would like to change their student’s school.
- Families who have changed their mind since submitting a Round 1 application. If you are happy with your school placement following Round 1, you do not need to take part in Round 2.
- Please note: If your student was waitlisted at a school in Round 1, please DO NOT submit a Round 2 application to the same school, as your student already has a spot on the school’s waitlist.
How do I submit my application?
Sign in to your SchoolChoice account and apply to the school or schools in which you are interested. If you don’t have an account, you can create one using your email address or a current Parent Portal log-in.
When can I submit my application?
Round 2 for 2020-21 is now open. Round 2 for all grades except ECE ends in late August, 2020. Round 2 for ECE students runs until early April, 2021.
How does Round 2 of the SchoolChoice process work, and how will I be notified of my student’s status?
- Round 2 applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the application is received, your student will be placed on a waitlist while the school processes the application. If the school has available space, your student will be approved and enrolled for next year. There is no lottery in Round 2, but priorities are given. If a waitlist exists, your student will be added to the list in date and time order within your given priority. Please note: This means that waitlist positions may change up or down. Read more about how waitlists work.
- If your student is accepted to a school in Round 2, any Round 1 school assignment is relinquished. You will remain on waitlists for any higher-ranked schools.