News & Resources
Announcements & Events
17-18 DSISD Calendar is HERE
17-18 DSISD Bell Schedule will be uploaded by end of June (school day is 8:05-3:37 Monday-Friday)
Welcome Back to School…Let’s Make 16-17 A Year to Remember!
We are excited to welcome our second class of 9th graders and a number of incoming 10th graders for the 16-17 school year. Please see below for key information that will help students and families get the year off with a great start:
Parent Beginning of Year Reading
Developing Minds Ready for the Innovation Economy: Great Article on Why Schools Need to Change
- 7 college lined notebooks (200 page- one for each class) (All Classes)
- 3 binders 2″ (DMF, Science, and Math)
- 20 pens (All Classes)
- 20 #2 pencils (All Classes)
- Multicolor Highlighters (All Classes)
- 2 sets of dividers (Science and DMF)
- 1-2 reams of loose leaf paper (100-200 pages) (DMF, Science, and Math)
- 1-2 reams of graph paper (100-200 pages) (Math)
- 3 Packages of Sticky Notes (3X3) (All Classes)
- 1 box of Kleenex (School)
- TI-84(PLUS) Graphing Calculator (Math)
DSISD in the National Education News!!!
DSISD as National Model for Innoavtive and Rigorous Education See blog article HERE by Tom Vander Ark and Getting Smart about DSISD as a proof point for innovative education
National Blog Posts About DSISD and by DSISD Staffers
DSISD as National Model for Innoavtive and Rigorous Education See blog article HERE by Tom Vander Ark and Getting Smart about DSISD as a proof point for innovative education Technology and Computer Science Partnership http://www.kidstek.org/news/kidstek-launches-dsisd Meet Five Opportunity by Design High Schools http://www.competencyworks.org/case-study/meet-five-new-opportunity-by-design-high-schools/ National Partneraship in Innovative School Design http://www.competencyworks.org/case-study/meet-five-new-opportunity-by-design-high-schools/ Colorado Takes Another Step Forward with a New School www.competencyworks.org http://www.competencyworks.org/case-study/colorado-takes-another-step-forward-with-a-new-school-in-denver/
9th, 10th, and 11th Grade Enrollment at DSISD (16-17 SY and 17-18 SY)
- Choice Form: Forms and the choice process can be found here and on the DPS Choice website at: http://soco.dpsk12.org/
- In Person: You can complete Choice paperwork in person at DSISD’s front office (3rd floor/ 150 South Pearl St.)
- Through Parent Portal: Current DPS parents can enage in the Choice process through parent portal accounts. Parent Portal Choice information can be found here.
CHOICE Related QUESTIONS and Support: Please call 720-424-2000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions related to Choice. If no ones answers, please leave a message with your contact info and your desire to engage in the Choice process at DSISD, and one of our team members will get back to you promptly.
Maintaining Momentum by Celebrating Weekly WINS
Essential Resources for Students and Parents
DSISD Back to School Innovator Launch Night Parent 101 Presentation Personalized Learning Plan Parent (PLP) Tutorial (BASIC) Personalized Learning Plan Parent (PLP) Tutorial (Detailed) Infinite Campus (IC) Parent Portal Access & Information Naviance College and Career Planning DPS Counseling Wiki Page GT and High Potential Student Parent Support
Competency Education Resources
We have compiled a list of online resource to help you better understand DSISD’s competency education system. http://www.competencyworks.org http://qedfoundation.org http://www.tonywagner.com http://www.springpointschools.org